1) Prevention! Start your "New Year's Resolution" Healthy Habits early! By doing this, you will avoid excessively overeating for the months of November and December!
2) If you do gain weight, there is good news. The average weight gain is only about 1 pound for normal weight individuals and about 2-3 pounds for people who already carry extra on the waistline. So, if you are diligent, you can lose that extra weight in a few weeks! A good rule of thumb is about 1-2 pounds lost per week!
3) Intermittent Fasting! This eating schedule of eating and not eating can certainly help expedite the fat burning process. Get to 16 -20 hours of fasting for good results. Add this to a healthier eating style, and see your weight melt away.
4) Eat enough Protein! Eat 0.8-1.2 grams of protein per pound of IDEAL body weight. If you are striving for 150 lbs, then eat 130-170 g of protein!
5) High Intensity Weight Weight Training and Interval Training! Both of these will boost your metabolism and help burn off those extra pounds!